Timbaland's wife asks him to pay support for son from another man

Readers in Morris County are likely aware that when parents decide to raise their child apart, one may be ordered by the court to make monthly payments to the custodial parent. What may come as a surprise, however, is that there are some cases where a person who is not the biological, or adoptive, parent of a child, may be asked to pay child support for a child who they had helped to raise.

According to reports, in a recent divorce filing, the wife of Timothy Mosley, better known as Timbaland, requested the Grammy award winning music producer pay child support for not only the child they share, but also for her son from another relationship. Mosley’s wife claims that he considered the 10-year-old his son and vocalized that feeling both in private and in public. There was no information reported regarding the involvement of the boy’s biological father, nor was it released whether or not he pays child support for the boy.

The specific amount that is being requested for the everyday expenses of the five and 10-year-old children was not reported. In addition to the monthly payments, Mosley’s soon to be ex-wife has also asked for him to cover the costs of extracurricular expenses, including summer camps and private school fees.

If you are involved in a child support dispute, it may be of benefit to consult with an experienced attorney. A lawyer can help to look out for your interests and ensure that your rights are upheld throughout the process. They will also be able to answer any questions or address any concerns that you may have.

Source: New York Daily News, “Timbaland’s wife files for divorce, seeks child support for son from previous relationship”, Zayda Rivera, Oct. 17, 2013